Richmond C. Amadi is an independent journalist, Book Publisher, member of RSU Alumni, Researcher (currently researching with Researchgate.net), Writer, Motivational Speaker. He is a BSc Holder in Office and Information Management, and Diploma holder in Management all from Rivers State University. Currently doing his MSc with RSU. Contact him on [email protected] or [email protected]l.com All Social Platforms: @amadirichmondc
Who is an Igbo MAN? LISTEN CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU CALL THEM RITUALIST.
1. An Igbo man is that man that will leave his Father’s land… Come to your Father’s land and turn you into his tenant… Peacefully ooo no time to waste time.
2. An Igbo man doesn’t like so much noise if you’re not taking money… You’re making noise… He believes in “Ego n’ebi okwu”…
3. An Igbo man goes to Obodo oyibo. He doesn’t know anybody there. Give him 6 months, he will start sending cars back home.
4. An Igbo man can wear slippers, use Nokia torch phones and may even be riding ladies machine but the figures that are in his bank account will be enough to write a full maths textbook.
5. An Igbo man gets rich. Go to the village, pick village boys, train them in business, settle them, the boys become rich, goes to the village do the same thing….. It’s not magic..
6. An Igbo man, where you see nothing, he sees the market. You’re looking at the evil forest, he’s looking is at an estate, you’re looking at a village girl, he’s seeing a salesgirl. You’re looking at shit, he’s seeing manure.
7. An Igbo man is not a ritualist. He’s the man that kept going when others turned back. He’s the man that enters a country where they say nobody survives. He’s not risk-taker, he’s Risk itself!!
8. An Igbo man loves ‘Njakili’ (healthy jests) no matter how rich you’re, if your mouth is not sharp, you will always be a subject of Laughter among your peers especially in “ime affia” or Umunna meeting”
9. An Igbo man believes in Training his children properly with good morals no matter how wealthy he is… He will still nurture you to stand up for yourself because he understands he won’t be here forever.
10. An Igbo man is not lazy… He toils day and night in order for his children not to go through what he went through…
11. An Igbo man wakes up with money in his mind… That’s why they don’t greet “Good morning”… They greet “Money nwannem”
12. An Igbo man Prefers a Customer to a girlfriend….. He can walk away from any girlfriend because a particular customer came to the shop…
13. An Igbo man knows how to do “Uto Nwannu” They love and appreciate themselves in the diaspora… That’s why an Igbo can stand and spray a friend 2million naira… Because they believe that “ihe imere nwanne gi but nga jidere m”
14. An Igbo man speaks Oral igbo….. If Igbo man sings praises to you as his wife in dialect, you will melt and melt again
15. An Igbo man believes in “Iru uno” (going back home) …. No matter how busy an Igbo man is, he must take his family back home at times.
16. An Igbo man believes in “bili kam bili”… Live and let live… He obeys the rules of your land. Just allow him to do his business, make his money and go… He can even marry your daughter just to have his way..
17. An Igbo man, when he enters an occasion, he doesn’t need your food or drinks to be happy… He only needs the MC to recognize him and hail him by his titles, ife emebe!
18. Finally Any country you enter and you don’t see Any Igbo man….. Just know that you’re no longer on earth!
19. The Igbo apprenticeship system has produced more millionaires than the entire university system in Nigeria
God bless Igbo indigenes
© Ada Bekee Ogbunigwe Sledgehammer