Scannews24
Nigeria News Hub

Tinubu gives reason he I’ll never attend Arise News’ media chat, affirm Obilo’s stance

0 172

Just when Nigerians are worried over who becomes the next number one man in the country, the Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu continued to shock many, maintaining that he will not grant an invitation to Arise News for presidential town hall meeting.

This is coming as the candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi granted numerous media chat invitations ahead of the 2023 polls.

The embattled APC flag bearer, Tinubu, disclosed this in a statement signed and made available to scanned news by the Director, Media & Publicity, APC Presidential Campaign Council, Bayo Onanuga on Friday.

He expressed concern over an advertisement by Arise News in connection with a Town Hall meeting scheduled for 4 December.

In his words, “We are surprised that the TV station listed our candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, as a participant, when there was no prior consultation with him and his aides and no consent of the candidate obtained for the advertisement.

He continued: “We deem this as professionally wrong and reckless. No media organisation should arrogate to itself the right to railroad any candidate to fit into its own agenda.

EDITOR'S PICK
1 of 961

“As we said in an earlier statement, the busy and hectic campaign schedules of Asiwaju Tinubu will not permit him to honour all invitations from different radio and TV stations for debate and or Town Hall meetings hence our decision for him not to start with one media organisation and later ignore the others.

“In the absence of a unified and mutually acceptable all parties and all candidates platform, our candidate has been speaking directly to Nigerians, since President Muhammadu Buhari launched Tinubu’s Action Plan for a Better Nigeria.

“Till date, over seven town hall meetings with strategic sectors have been held across the geopolitical zones, where the candidate and his running mate have spoken about their programmes.

“These direct engagements will continue before the election on 25 February 2023. We, therefore, urge Arise News to stop using our candidate’s name or portrait in its advertisement, forthwith,” he said.

Recall, the founder of BismileTV, an online-based company, Bismark Obilo Agubor had earlier called on Nigerians mainly, media personnel to uphold the media as one of the watchdog against unfaithful politicians.

Agubor noted that scrutiny by some media agents including bloggers would give media a new face.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More