Richmond C. Amadi is an independent journalist, Book Publisher, member of RSU Alumni, Researcher (currently researching with Researchgate.net), Writer, Motivational Speaker. He is a BSc Holder in Office and Information Management, and Diploma holder in Management all from Rivers State University. Currently doing his MSc with RSU. Contact him on Richmond.firstname.lastname@example.org or Amadirichmondc@gmail.com All Social Platforms: @amadirichmondc
There was a tragedy in Imo State on Monday as no fewer than ten traditional wedding guests died of fume from a generator and twenty others hospitalised.
The incident happened at Umuomumu Mbieri in the Mbaitoli Local Government Area of the state.
A source told our correspondent that the wedding guests from Anambra State decided to pass the night at their in-law’s house after the ceremony.
It was the fume from the generator which ran through the night until morning that killed them, our correspondent was told.
The State Commissioner of Police, Rabiu Ladodo, who confirmed the development to our correspondent said, “the generator was on in the kitchen while the doors and widows of the rooms the guests slept were locked.”
“It is a case of sudden and natural death but we have commenced an investigation. Assistance is being rendered to the survivors.”
The victims and survivors were taken to Ikeduru General Hospital.
Our correspondent was not allowed to speak to the hospital management.